This is how you can recognize the fiber optic cables
The same way we found it necessary to inform about the fiber optics technology, its main components, structure and functioning, we consider it useful to go into some detail about the used materials. Although not so obvious, there is a wide variety of fiber optic cables from which to choose what is needed. In case they are not carefully selected and do not meet quality standards, they cannot be implemented the right way to new telecommunications systems.
Below is a broad picture of the different types of fiber optics available on the market.
Without going into smallest details, we chose to list some of the common types of cables from which to use those fit for every project. Here they are:
1. Distribution cables - they are better than breakout cable, reducing size and costs.
2. Indoor/outdoor tight buffers - they are flexible and simple to install, and easy to handle. Costs are by far reduced, for the installation.
3. Indoor/outdoor breakout cables - equipped with protection against water, UV and fungus, they are perfectly suitable for outdoor installations.
4. Corning Freedm LST cables - both single mode and hybrid versions are available on the market.
5. Dry loose tube fiber optic cables - they eliminate the gel filler of traditional loose tube style cables, being equipped with absorbent polymers.
6. Loose tube cables - they are recommended for installation between buildings that are not protected from outside elements.
7. Aerial cables - they are very simple to install and very efficient.
8. Hybrid and composite cables - they are special due to the convenience of installing multimode and single mode fibers all in one pull.
9. Armored cables - they have rodent protection, in case of direct burial. They are also fit for aerial use.
10. Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) - they are an alternative to halogen free applications. They are less toxic and slower to ignite.
We listed the various types of optical cables that make the arsenal of a fiber optic telecommunications expert. What has not yet been said is that, all types of fiber optic cable are better than the old copper cables. And the reasons are as follows:
All these sorts of modern materials are obtained after careful selection. They are preserved carefully and never put in danger or subject to deterioration. This way, our team has them ready for implementation as soon as needed. For all current partners, this is an already known part of the quality service we are able to provide. For a new partner or future partner, this is a thing to discover during as long as the collaboration lasts.